All students will make sense of rigorous mathematics in ways that are creative, interactive, and relevant in heterogeneous classrooms.
- All students students are mathematically brilliant.
- Math is web (not a ladder).
Our Guiding Principles
As a department, we are deeply committed to these guiding principles:
- All students can and should develop a belief that mathematics is sensible, worthwhile, and doable.
- All students are capable of making sense of mathematics in ways that are creative, interactive, and relevant.
- All students can and should engage in rigorous mathematics through rich, challenging tasks.
- Students’ academic success in mathematics must not be predictable on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, language, religion, sexual orientation, cultural affiliation, or special needs.