Group Work Success!
Our Elementary Teacher Leaders recently shared some of their strategies for supporting students with group work. Read on!
- Reflect on group work after; what worked, challenges, etc
- Set up norms - save 5 minutes at the end of the class to review how we did with the norms. You can also highlight one norm in particular to focus on for the next time.
- Group Work Expectations are set and reviewed at the beginning. Then, class checks in at the end to see how they did with the expectations.
- Use a gallery walk to share group work and give constructive feedback about the clarity of the explanations.
- For 2nd grade, work in pairs. Each partner presents the work/strategy/explanation of their partner… this allows for true understanding of their partners’ math thinking/strategy.
- Sometimes I need to let go of the product and better allow for an organic conversation/discussion. Our walls and bulletin boards will live without a new poster.