Curriculum Feedback and Revision Cycle
Our units are developed and revised based heavily on teacher input. Here is the history of how PreK–12 teachers have been involved in the developing, feedback, and revision.
- 2012–2013: An R&D team of 150 teachers was gathered from across the district to study the standards, and compile harvested resources and teacher-developed lessons into our first iteration of the SFUSD Math Core Curriculum.
- 2013–2014: 150 Pilot Teachers taught the first iteration of our SFUSD Math Core Curriculum. The R&D team continued to develop and revise units based on feedback from the Pilot Teachers.
- 2014–2015: This was the first year of full implementation across SFUSD. Feedback was gathered through online surveys at sites and central PD days. A core R&D team of about 50 teachers and Math Content Specialists continued to develop and revise the curriculum.
- 2015–2016: Feedback was gathered through an online feedback form from teachers across the district. Focus groups of teachers from each grade level gathered to share directed feedback with the Math Content Specialists. Parents and community members were invited to share feedback directly with the C&I Math Department. Math Content Specialists continued to revise the curriculum.
- 2016–2017: Feedback continues to be gathered through an online feedback form from teachers across the district. Focus groups of teachers will gather from key grade levels to share directed feedback with the Math Content Specialists. Math Content Specialists will revise based on priorities for the following year.